Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Miracle, My Blessing


Dear Zachary,

You are  a wonder to me.
 You are a miracle  growing before my eyes---and so I watch you. Closely. Very closely. I watch you very closely because I do not want to  miss  any detail of the Miracle and Gift that you are  from  my Abba Father. I watch and I relish every detail of this miracle that is you, Zachary.

When you  smile, your eyes twinkle, just like your Dad's and I am reminded how I love you both ---my two guys! When you laugh, I am reminded that my Abba Father answered my prayers while yet you were inside  of me to give you a spirit of joy and LAUGHTER...and your Dad, unknowing of my silent  request to God, inserted the middle name ISAAC to your person and thus your soul was stamped! You were a giggling and laughing baby---and now at age  6, you are  easy to laugh and always full of joy!

When you talk, and the S(es)  escape through the gaps where your teeth are missing, I marvel at the sight and  sound of  it. Your little munchkin voice is another tool of  wonder to me. Having a conversation with you and taking in the sound of your  little boy voice amazes me o end. The things that you say are a wonder if not amusing, and how you say and convey your thoughts with hand gestures, head nodding or shaking, eyes rolling right, left or up. Yo are a scene to behold---a glorious miracle of God!

You always want to make something --craft from scratch wit your hands. When you start one, your attention is on it so intense and focused, it gives me quite a long moment of peace to read my book or do something else. Bliss!

You are also good at building and  putting  together lego sets (designed for  age 8+) without asking for help. A smart boy you are with an attention span of an adult.

You should  hear yourself sing  Esther's song (from veggie tales) like a little English choir boy. Your Dad gets a kick listening to you sing that song, "The Battle is Not Ours" and hitting the right notes too! You have quite a wide vocabulary. You are articulate in using big words in  normal daily  conversations. Your pediatrician easily noticed that too! That is because you  love to read! At 6 you  can literally sit still for  three hours with your nose to the books.  You are a cool 6-year old!




****At the PTC (parent-teacher conference) your first grade teacher, Ms. Bowie had only good things to say about you. Not only does she recognize what a smart and bright little boy you are, you are also helpful in the classroom, full of initiative and a leader and good example to your  classmates. My heart was bursting out of my body when I left West School. I am so thankfully proud of you---but more than anything, I thank my Abba Father that He is growing you up in wisdom and stature.



No comments:

Post a Comment