Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Praise the Lord, O My Soul...

More than ever, as each moment passes, my love and confidence in the Lord deepens. The past days, through this tribulation with Ruth's cancer, the Lord has drawn me deeper unto Himself and He is showing me His lovingkindness, grace and mercy. He is showing me His greatness and power over our lives including the minute details of our lives. He loves deeply and cares for us. He is with us and knows our pains and fears, requests and desires. Yes, He deeply cares.

Psalm 103
Praise the Lord O my soul, and all that is within me, praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits---
WHO  forgives all your sins and
heals ALL your diseases,
WHO redeems  your life from the pit and crowns you with love and  compassion
WHO satisfies your desires with good things so that your faith is  renewed like the eagle's.
Praise the Lord, O my soul.

I feel a peace from God.
In spite of all my longings and pleadings for complete healing for Ate Ruth---God is filling my heart with His peace this very moment. A peace that passeth all understanding. The Lord God is in control---He knows what He is doing---He is working for His own purposes and His glory. My confidence is in the Lord because He is sovereign and powerful and almighty AND He loves us more than we can love ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment